How many tetras in a 29gal with one single 3 Spot Golden Gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lea

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!
I’m purchasing a 29 gallon for my 3 spot gourami. I was wondering how many tetras would be appropriate to occupy this tank.
And if I could fit any other small species, comment below.
I’m not looking for a large tank, just a small one. This gourami was my brothers that he neglected and is now in my care, and I’m just trying to give him a good life now that he’s with me.
Thank you!

I'm not sure how big a 3 spot gourami gets but you should look at tetras that are too big to fit in its mouth. (Assuming that it likes tankmates)
For example: stay away from neons and ember tetra sized fish and maybe look at more the black neons or rummy nose tetra sized fish. They don't get huge but they should work in your tank.

Black neons, glowlight tetras, harlequin rasboras would all be good options. I like my black neons and glowlights-- hardy, so they're hard to kill, and the black neons, at least, have gone well with my gouramis and their brief time with goldfish (don't ask...).

Dont ask

Sorry to ask even though I'm not supposed to but like ... Why were they together was it an emergency? I hope that is the answer.

Pretty much. Maybe wasn't the best choice, but they were the last 4 of a school and already 4 years old and I figured the stable, heavily over- filtered 75g tank with young fantail goldies was better for a couple months than the unstable alternative at the time. They are now almost 5 and comfortably ensconced in the heavily planted 100g with the neons and glowlights.

Back
Top Bottom