How much fish can I keep in a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish king

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a ten gallon that has 4 white clouds 3 guppies 3 corys and 3 kuhli loaches the tank is heavily planted is it to much or can I fit more

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Sounds like you have to many fish your tank can only have 10inches of example you have 10 fish that are 1 inch so you can only have 10 fish. If you go over it prob cause problems

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Most Cories do not fit in 10g tanks. " Dwarf" Cories still get 2.5-3". Emerald "Cories" are actually a Brochis species, even larger than must Cories.

Cories should ideally be in groups of 6 or more. The only species that fit in a 10g are pygmy types.
Corydoras pygmaeus
Corydoras hastatus
Corydoras habrosus

All are around and inch or less. But they need live plants and are less common.

I would say you are quite overstocked.

Heavily planted is good. I would rehome some fish. For now, keep testing water , and weekly to biweekly water changes.

The inch of fish per gallon rule is not used anymore. It's not at all accurate.

Guppies have a big bioload for their size and females hit 2".

Try AquAdvisor for a basic idea of stocking.

Most species of Cories should have a 20 Long minimum. If you are breeding Cories you can use a 10g...but that is without other fish and having a bigger tank to move them into once they lay eggs.

What species of Corydoras do you have ??

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spelled wrong...AqAdvisor
http://aqadvisor.com

I ran an approx calculation of your tank...not knowing what filter you have, etc....

This is what it showed:

Warning: At least 5 x White Cloud Mountain Minnow are recommended in a group.
Suggestion: If you want to keep more than 1 Guppy, minimum recommend male to female ratio is 1:2 (M:F). You will be less likely to experience problem if you get even more females.
Warning: At least 5 x Kuhli Loach are recommended in a group.

Recommended temperature range: 24 - 25 C. [Display in Farenheit]
Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.8.
Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

Warning: You NEED to add more aquarium filtration capacity!!!

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 31%.
Recommended water change schedule: 59% per week. (You might want to split this water change schedule to two separate 35% per week)
Your aquarium stocking level is 156%.
Your tank is overstocked. Unless you are an experienced aquarist who can meet the maintenance/biological needs of this aquarium, lower stocking levels are recommended. [Generate Image]

Just adding more filtration won't fix this. Less fish or a bigger tank are the answers. 10g are a tricky size. I suggest a Cherry Shrimp tank...no fish.

A panda Cory and an albino one here they are in case I'm wrongImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413269753.504842.jpg

Your Albino Cory is an Albino C aeneus ( Bronze Cory)

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+2855+953&pcatid=953

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+1161+934&pcatid=934

Just remember when you buy most of these fish at the pet store they are babies or juveniles and are not full grown.

I love Cories ! They are awesome fish.

My Bettas average about 5yrs. They are great fish when you give them what they need.

http://m.wikihow.com/Take-Care-of-a-Betta-Fish

That and the panda Cory can that live in a 10g

The Betta advice is pretty good from Wiki except the part about washing the tank. I would only do this with a bowl with no filter. Over cleaning a filtered tank kills the good bacteria.

Julius, your tank has reached it's limit with fish. I wouldn't add anymore, but if you can keep up with the water changes, then you could keep the fish at the current level. I just had a ten gallon WAY overstocked with about 29 guppies and a emerald Cory, and take my advice, it is a pain in the butt to gravel suck every 2-3 days. So if you can keep up with the gravel vacs and water changes, then go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom