How much trouble can a Clown Trigger Cause?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aw_Ref

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am thinking of adding a Clown Trigger to my 140g FOWLR tank. Current tank mates are a Naso Tang, Yellow Tang, Powder Blue, a Niger Trigger and a Banded Moray Eel. While the Clown Trigger is a really nice looking fish, I've read that they can be quite evil at times. I'm specifically worried about how a Clown Trigger would interact with the pretty docile Niger Trigger.

Any perspectives to share?

I believe I've heard something like that to about a type ot trigger, I think it was a clown. But anyway one does have an evil rep from what I've heard. They sometimes like to chew on power cords so they say. The ones for your heaters or power heads. Never had a bit of problems out of my bursa, niger, pecaso, or undulate triggers, but didnt want to possibly make it a shocking experiance for the rest of the tank by adding a clown trigger. It was just one of those things you had to ear on the side of caution. HTH

IF you are going to add it, it is a good idea to do it last. There will likely be aggression toward your other trigger and you may end up having to house only one.

I just put one in my tank with my two angels and as of right now everything is fine. However, it is a baby that is just over an inch long. If i were u i would try to get a tiny one also so it grows up knowing its place in the tank.

Thanks all. I did add him and he is very small, about the same size as the one JM added. Will keep the board posted on progress.

Back
Top Bottom