how much water does a clown fish need

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea how old are you, will you be twice as tall when your 90? lol

I think the misunderstanding here is that would the maroon clown be "happy" under a certain size tank. Fishes can adapt to smaller tanks, but it isnt necessarily the best thing to do.

I agree with Henry the idea is to make your fish an inverts feel like their home in the wild

It isn't the right thing to do because it is painful for the fish. It stunts their growth. Their body won't grow but the organs inside them will.

their bodies will still grow, just at a slower pace.

i have two percula's they were less then an inch when i got then, now they are double the size and they are only 4 months old. live aquaria says they get to 3 inches which is 67% of their size

I just wouldn't do it. I have heard it is painful to the fish and personally, I wouldn't ever want to do that if I didn't have to.

How many inch of fish per gallon is allowable as a rule of thumb?

There isn't a clear rule of thumb since some are messy eaters, some are active swimmers, some are more aggressive.....

gti, if you put a 1" clown in a one gal. tank it will grow... simply because their growth can only be stunted by so much, however the fish will be extremely stressed out and certainly won't reach the max size. It is the same with a 10gal. their growth will be stunted to an extent, yet they have to grow.

so would a 29 gallon be safe?
For 2 percula or ocellaris it will be safe. Remember clowns seem to be very territorial when kept as a pair another fish would most likely cause problems. If you get 2 make sure one is larger than the other one since the larger one will be turn female and the smaller one male.

Back
Top Bottom