How Much Would My Tank Sell For?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodcatl493

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey, quick question, how much could I sell a 55 gallon fish tank for? I have the gravel, filter, decor, heater, lights, and hood. I don't have a stand.

I'm planning to use the money to set up two 10 or 15 gallon tanks. One for breeding, the other for quarantine. What do you guys think?

I also have skimmers as well. So practicality everything and more. I don't know whether the skimmers work, tried to get them to but they wouldn't. I tried that in a bucket. Not sure if that's the right way.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would check your local Craigslist ads and see what people are asking for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

first you need to understand tanks depreciate like cars pull it off the lot you loose 4/5 grand , well basically tanks are the same way . with all the buck a gallon sales going on your prob looking at about 50 bucks for everything if you had a stand it would have been around 75 , all these sales kill the chance of breaking even

Wow, I didn't know tank depreciated that much... And this tank is in like new condition... ?

Dang.. Was going to say I've got a pair of 10's and a 5 with hoods, filters and heaters I would be willing to swap for a 55. But I'm moving from WV to Tampa FL. Was hoping you were somewhere in between. Chicago is the wrong way for me.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh, man. That would have been a great trade...

Didn't think you would complain about it. Sadly as I said its in the wrong direction. Good luck with it! It is rather sad how much a tank devalues once you purchase it. I'm looking at a 40gal where I'm moving to that's listed for 27$.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

first you need to understand tanks depreciate like cars pull it off the lot you loose 4/5 grand , well basically tanks are the same way . with all the buck a gallon sales going on your prob looking at about 50 bucks for everything if you had a stand it would have been around 75 , all these sales kill the chance of breaking even
I would definitely agree with that. Unless it's a custom acrylic or very large (i.e. 200g+), it's not going to go for much.

Oh, man. That would have been a great trade...

Hey Jono I'm local to Chicago and have 2 10g's with hood/lights, as well as a 36g bowfront (tank only). I have spare heaters, but they haven't been used in awhile so not sure if they still work. I may have spare filters as well, but I need to check.

If you're interested, let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

Well, I'm only 14, so not old enough to do business yet! ? But it would be nice if we could trade because we'd both be happy. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out the best price I can sell this for.

Well, I'm only 14, so not old enough to do business yet! ? But it would be nice if we could trade because we'd both be happy. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out the best price I can sell this for.

Only 14, only 14 he says...
You should have a job, a wife and 2 kids by now.

29g fresh with Betta, Kuhli's, Neons, Denison Barbs, ADF, Mystery and Nerite Snails.

Some plants: Anubias, Java Fern, mosses and other misc.

What makes it tough is the dollar per gallon sales that pop up from time to time. I believe 55g tanks are included in that sale.

What makes it tough is the dollar per gallon sales that pop up from time to time. I believe 55g tanks are included in that sale.

Yup. Was in Petco a few days ago and they had 40g L and 55g on display.

Yeah, so the best I could sell it for is about $100?

I may be interested in a trade. Let me know what you're thinking, or what works for you.

What part of Chicago are you from?

Back
Top Bottom