How often can I do 25% water changes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
soooo I am getting 40ppm from my tap water? ??

I'm gonna test it again. That picture was 9 min after I stopped shaking it for the 1 minute.

I think you should read your API nitrate instructions carefully. They are very specific - I won't quote it, but any readings after the 5 minutes is up are not valid. The colour will continue to develop and you will get a false high reading. Failure to shake bottle No2 for 30 secs prior to test will give a false low reading. Nitrate is probably the most exacting water test to get right.

wow. I'm trying to tell myself that you are trying to help but you come as smug and condensending.
for your information the instructions say nothing about reading exactly at 5 min. maybe you should have read them before replying.
I have snapped a picture and uploaded it for you. It says to wait 5 minutes for the results to develop. that is all it says.

Attachments

• tmp_20140302_1719311804234261.jpg
    tmp_20140302_1719311804234261.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 50
I don't think he is being deliberately condescending. The nitrate test is really, really easy to do incorrectly and we see it all the time. I know I did mine incorrectly the first several times, and I did read the directions, but I still did it wrong.

I don't think he is being deliberately condescending. The nitrate test is really, really easy to do incorrectly and we see it all the time. I know I did mine incorrectly the first several times, and I did read the directions, but I still did it wrong.

I still do mine incorrectly sometimes.

wow. I'm trying to tell myself that you are trying to help but you come as smug and condensending.
for your information the instructions say nothing about reading exactly at 5 min. maybe you should have read them before replying.
I have snapped a picture and uploaded it for you. It says to wait 5 minutes for the results to develop. that is all it says.

That should say ensure, not insure.
(Now that's smug and condescending:ROFLMAO:)
Loads of other words fit the bill, like unhelpful. (Sorry, I'm off)(y)

Back
Top Bottom