how often should i do a 25% water change on my 90 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsCar-ObsEsSioN87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been doing a 25% water change about every two weeks and my tank is looking a little off color. Was wondering if once a week would be overkill. All stats are normal.... just looking a little greenish. I would love some oppinions. :)

ForumRunner_20120327_230145.jpg

ForumRunner_20120327_230230.jpg

What size tank and what stock? IMO 25% per week is still not enough. I do 50% weekly no matter the stock or readings.
Is the water milky or green?
Does the tank get any direct sunlight an how long are your lights on? What are your lights?
Have you changed any filter media or cleaned any decor/substrate?

+1 on mogurako's post.
Biweekly isn't near enough and your cloudy water is the result of undesirables building up.

Ok thank you.... Sry I didnt add stats.
90 gal I have two 24" florescents. From about 2pm til 11pm they are on. And the tank is getting substantial amout of sunlight during the day unfortunatly...
It has two marineland emperor bio wheel 400's....
And yes it is just sorta greenish. Just did about a 30% change and vacumed the substrate and sponged of any seen alge.
I figured I wasn't doing enough. Thanks for the advice.

ForumRunner_20120328_013824.jpg

I will start doing a 50% water change twice a week. Pain in the *** lol but worth it (two people must be involved and step stool required lol).

I perform 40%(+) every 2 weeks on my 125 and mine looks great. You have good filters; I used them before. Maybe just watch your feeding and dosing. I'd perform like 50% weekly changes to get the tank cleared up and check your filters, not the bio-wheels. There really is no right/wrong answer to this, just what works for you.

Back
Top Bottom