How often should I feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kosti

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started up my 33 gallon tank and put 4 minnows in it. How often should I feed these guys? I went out and got some gold fish food and they devoured 4 decent sized flakes in about 2 minutes, so I gave them more and they did the same, then this morning I fed them again. Anyone know how often and how much I should feed these guys?

Exactly what JC said. No matter how hungry they look. When I first started keeping fish I fell into the trap of overfeeding because the fish always were hungry. :silly: I had huge problems with nitrates. AA's members suggested the above feeding schedule and have had no problems since. :pimp:

Yup, as stated above, once or twice a day. If leftovers fall to the bottom, then they have been overfed. As Zagz pointed out, they will beg for food, but don't fall into the temptation. Our Africans will swim to the top and beg for food and act hungry all day long. It's hard to resist those cute little eyes, but they sure appreciate it since they don't have high nitrates. :D

Back
Top Bottom