How smart are your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evansimp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone! So in my 20 gallon nano reef I have 2 clownfish, and they surprised me last night! Usually my lights come on at 11am and shut off about 715pm. They love to swim around and all during the day and at night they have very distinct spots where they sleep. My ocellaris sleeps on my gonipora coral (it's like his bed) and my black and white clown sleeps over on the right side of the tank by my frogspawn. Every night they sleep in these spots. About 710pm last night, I look at my tank and it's like they were getting ready for bed. They knew the lights were gonna shut off and they were hanging out in their sleeping spots. I don't know if this is normal, but it impressed me. It even looked like they gave each other a goodnight kiss. It was so funny. :) anyways I thought I'd share.

Anyone else have any other stories? Id love to hear

I have a Green Severum and everytime I come home from work and turn the lights on he starts swimming really hard yet staying in place. It's only when I come home and turn the lights on too. It's like he's happy to see me!
Also, whenever I come over to the tank, he does things to seemingly get my attention. I'll just be sitting there looking at my aquarium and out of the corner of my eye I'll see him dart up to the surface of the water and whip his tail in my direction! Then when I look over at him, he'll turn to the side, still looking at me, and slowly swim backwards towards me. I swear it's him trying to get my attention and then he's pleased with himself! hahaha He'll also eat directly from my hand from time to time. Love this fish!

Attachments

• IMG_7730.jpg
    IMG_7730.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 14
I have a Green Severum and everytime I come home from work and turn the lights on he starts swimming really hard yet staying in place. It's only when I come home and turn the lights on too. It's like he's happy to see me!
Also, whenever I come over to the tank, he does things to seemingly get my attention. I'll just be sitting there looking at my aquarium and out of the corner of my eye I'll see him dart up to the surface of the water and whip his tail in my direction! Then when I look over at him, he'll turn to the side, still looking at me, and slowly swim backwards towards me. I swear it's him trying to get my attention and then he's pleased with himself! hahaha He'll also eat directly from my hand from time to time. Love this fish!

Haha sounds like a very cool fish!! :)

My clown has a spot that he always sleep in too. My first thought was that my clown hosted in a rock! Lol. Before my 55 gallon reef I had about 7 freshwater tanks up and running. When I would get home, all of my fish would take a second to notice me, then immediately swim to the front of the glass and "dance" almost like a dog when his owner gets home. :) fish are so much fun.

I used to have a pair of angelfish who didn't care who walked up to look at them unless it was me. They ignored everyone else, but if I came within three feet of their tank they were dancing at the front glass for treats. It made some of my friends think twice about the intelligence of fish!

Back
Top Bottom