how to clean seachem flourite gravel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I read that this gravel makes you water very cloudy so is there a special way to clean this? Do you just clean this gravel for a really long time?

Does anyone know? I just bought this gravelfor 20 dollars

Put about 5 inches worth of gravel in a 5g bucket & run a hose into it until it runs clear.

Well, I don t know for sure. I did this with black Diamond sand & Ecocomplete. Haven t used the Flourite before. Anyone else used it???

That is what I am wondering so I can get a answer from someone who had to go through cleaning.
I have the Brown colour of Seachem Flourite.

The flourite is basically a type of gravel. There's a ton of dirt on it, but the gravel will stay. Just hose away. Took me forever to get it clean enough to use.

The flourite is basically a type of gravel. There's a ton of dirt on it, but the gravel will stay. Just hose away. Took me forever to get it clean enough to use.

So just clean a ton?

Yep. Once the bucket is filled, just slightly tip it with the end of the hose running near the bottom & all the funky stuff will flow out.

The gravel is made of clay though.

Back
Top Bottom