how to deal with preganent Crayfishes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geniv

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Long story short I have a 20 gallon tank with about 15 marble crayfish in it.
(They are all from one single mama crayfish that had eggs)

So the past week the mama crayfish has been digging into the rocks and last week I noticed it had eggs under it's tail. Today I noticed two other of the smaller cray fish have eggs in their tail. also.

What is the best way to isolate them and make sure none of the babies get eaten? put each of the pregnant crayfish in it's own tank?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-07-06-41-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-04-07-06-41-45.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 86
Long story short I have a 20 gallon tank with about 15 marble crayfish in it.
(They are all from one single mama crayfish that had eggs)

So the past week the mama crayfish has been digging into the rocks and last week I noticed it had eggs under it's tail. Today I noticed two other of the smaller cray fish have eggs in their tail. also.

What is the best way to isolate them and make sure none of the babies get eaten? put each of the pregnant crayfish in it's own tank?

Sorry I don't have any suggestions. I just want to say "this is so cool!!" I have never seen prego crayfish.

Pregnant Crayfish questions

I have a white crayfish that did the same thing. She was mated with a blue crayfish. I was wondering the same. What is the best way to separate the white one with eggs. I have 110 gallon tank with many fish.
Hope to get a response as to best way to prevent crayfish from being eaten

Last edited:
Add a tonne of java moss and dense vegetation to give the babies a place to hide.

Back
Top Bottom