how to feed betta fish live brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gingimaru

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi there :)

i am looking for advice on how to feed my betta fish live brine shrimp. i can get a bag of around 60+ live brine shrimp but have been told i can only feed them maybe 5/6 at a time. how would i sort 5/6 shrimp from a school of 60+? can i keep the rest afterwards? (maybe keeping them in a small bowl with some water? or a small tank?) do the shrimp actually survive being washed off with fresh water? as i know with fish a big temp change can kill them i would assume its the same with shrimp?

any other advice would be very much appreciated!

They would have to be kept in the same salt water they came in. You could put them in a bowl, preferably a shallow one. net them out rinse and feed. In my limited experience with bettas, they will eat all the live food you put in front of them.

When I get live food from the lfs, I get no more than a tablespoon. This is split up between 4 tanks. I feel 1/2 the first day and then refrigerate the second half until the next day.

Back
Top Bottom