How to improve my planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends on your lighting. Small tanks might get away with DIY CO2. But to get more precise you might look at getting a Paintball rig.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That fertilizer appears to have only micros. You also need macro fertilizer, NPK (nitrogen, phosphate, and potassium).

Wait are you saying that you can spray those airsoft co2 cartridges into the tank for the plants

No I use a tub that goes into the defuser and is released into the water over a few hours

Could you recommend a fert??

FishCr8zy's suggestion to get dry ferts is the best to dose a full comprehensive regimen of micro and macro nutrients. I use the PPS-Pro method. You should research and learn it. You'll save a lot of money dosing dry ferts. But it does take a little extra work learning it, but it's worth it.

But if you want to stick with liquids, I like Seachem's line. I'd get Flourish, Excel, and the Enhancer pack (NPK).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003QP4CDC?pc_redir=1398523253&robot_redir=1

If this is a low light tank is there any real need for the co2 and ferts range??

Ive not had a low light tank so im curious

Time for a new diffuser then. And or, clean that glass well. No pun intended but that glass in your picture looks like it can use a little elbow grease. I don't think a nice and new suction would stick to that. Lol

Here's an example of how to use moss. I have peacock and flame in here. Also have narrow leaf micro sword in the back, dhg in the front left, etc. No CO2... Just good light, substrate, and minute fert dosing.

ibbeU6Q2p0cnAn.JPG

Brian your growing that hair grass in a low tech?

Brian your growing that hair grass in a low tech?

Yeah I'm shocked that it's actually doing quite well. It's growing but much slower without CO2. I think the light is on the cusp between low and medium. It's staying green too. Must be the Aqua Soil.

Man I wish I could do that. I have some in a 20long dirted with a finnex planted plus and it's dying more and more everyday.

How many flourish tabs would I need for a 2ft across tank?

Back
Top Bottom