How to make current slower for my betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bandnerd101

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, this is my first time having a betta so, I didn't really have a great clue on which tanks were better. I got the nat geo half moon betta tank and it works great and all but, the filter current is too strong. I've tried the plastic cup thing and it some what works but, my built in filter has LED lights right above where the water comes out. So if anyone can help me with it, that'd be great

If the pump only has one setting you can't do much about that except some hollowed decor that the betta can hide in.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not entirely familiar with that tank, but you could maybe try stuffing a sponge or some filter floss in the filter output. If that is not an option, or not sufficient enough, buy some kind of decoration that reaches the output, and redirects it throughout the tank rather than one spot

If you can post a pic of your setup, that might help with ideas/suggestions.
You can try cutting up a clear plastic one liter bottle and going with that (if light blockage was the issue with the cup solution).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not entirely familiar with that tank, but you could maybe try stuffing a sponge or some filter floss in the filter output. If that is not an option, or not sufficient enough, buy some kind of decoration that reaches the output, and redirects it throughout the tank rather than one spot

Good ideas

I've looked up your tank and filter. I would buy a foam cylinder, as used with the most basic filters run with an airs tone. Slide that onto the inlet pipe. This will probable reduce the flow rate and vastly increase your filter media area. You might have to trim a little to make it fit but it should be possible.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Anyone know if a dimmer switch works for this? I've had the idea for a while, wondering if anyone has tried.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk

I believe that the speed of the impeller is in line with the frequency of your mains. Reducing the voltage to the filter would probably not slow down the impeller but it would be weaker and more prone to stopping when even slightly dirty.
However, my theories are often proved wrong ?.

Sent from my iPad in West Yorkshire, U.K.

Back
Top Bottom