How to Move with an Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meg Landaluce

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone!:)

I have a looming question that brings me great anxiety...how does one go about moving with an aquarium? I have a 10 gallon freshwater planted aquarium. Theres sand, there's driftwood, there's a light, a filter and a heater. I have one betta fish whose so happy, BUT, I plan to move next summer across the country and I have no idea how the hell I'm going to move my aquarium by truck. I've brainstormed a few ideas but am curious if any of you have had to do this and if you have ANY advice for me. I know it's going to be a pain in the *** but I'm willing to try to preserve my tank and keep my fish in the process. Please help!!

Best,
Meg <3

The best way would be break it all down and put the betta in a bucket with clean tank water. Then get a portable or battery operated (or ac adapter) for an air pump and run a stone to the bottom of the bucket and aerate the water during the trip. If it's more than 1 day a partial water change the 2nd morning is good. No feeding before or during the trip. Fouls the water and could cause digestive problems from the moving stress

Back
Top Bottom