how to pair up blue hippo tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reeflife89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i got two blue hippo tangs in my tank and by the looks of it they are fighting a lot and i hope it doesn't go far to the point where they really get hurt...i was wondering if i can pair them up or just stop them from fighting each other.

I just responded to you other post ! How large is your tank ? Did you introduce them at the same time ? How new is your tank and did it cycle ? What else is in there ?

SORRY ABOUT IT AGAIN... JUST NOTICED THAT YOU WROTE ON THE OTHER ONE...SORRY ABOUT THAT...WELL MY TANK IS 50-55 GALLONS.... YEAH ALMOST HAD IT FOR ALMOST A YEAR ON JULY 4TH...IT CYCLED ALREADY IT SUCKED FIGURING OUT EVERYTHING BY MYSELF THO BECAUSE NOBODY WOULD TAKE ME SERIOUSLY BECAUSE OF MY AGE..BUT I STILL MANAGED TO PULL IT TOGETHER AND MY TANK IS DOING FINE!
WELL WAT I HAVE IN MY TANK IS....
A PAIR OF PERCULA CLOWNFISH
2 GREEN CHORMIS
1 SCOPAS TANG
1 LATTICED BUTTERFLY
AND NOW 2 BLUE HIPPO TANGS..

AND NO I DID NOT INTRODUCE THEM AT THE SAME TIME

You need to take the hippos back along with the scopas and the butterfly. Im sorry but it really comes down to that, If the store gives you any trouble call around to all the stores in the area and just ask if they will buy those four fish for store credit. There are a ton of possibilities as far as fish for your tank, unfortunately those four fish arent any of them. Those four fish wont survive in your tank, It may seem a little overboard for me to reccomend you removing all four of them but honestly it will be for the best. If you leave them they most likely wont live very long and your going to be out all the money and time you invested in them. I really suggest you at the least get store credit for them. I am including a link to liveaquaia.com If you go through the site you will run into a ton of information about a ton of different fish that you can comfortably put into your tank. I suggest using this site as your refference whenever your considering buying a paticular fish. Best of luck to you and your tank !

Your tank is too small for three tangs. Esp. two that are the same. Maybe one and that`s a big stretch. You are going to have constant fighting in that tank. JMO

BTW All caps usually mean yelling or screaming.

Last edited:
Thanks...it Saddens Me Tho...i Really Enjoyed My Blue Hippo Tang It Was One Of My First Fishes In The Tank Almost 10 Months Ago...but If Its For The Good Ill Do It...

It really is for the good, all four in a perfect world should go. Like I said I wish the best of luck. Use that website - it really tells you alot about all the different fish that you may be considering buying in the future

Back
Top Bottom