How to stop a sump degassing co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmeheliboy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all I think I may have a set up that's stops co2 off gassing on a sump setup
From what I read co2 leave the water very fast is the water is disturbed so water flowing down a over flow will wipe out all co2
So I have set up my sump and tank to the the does not get disturbed at all so not to off gas the co2
If any one would like to know how this has be done leave a comment and I'll be happy to help

Well I must be doing something right my plant are perling

Please elaborate on the modifications you have done to accomplish this. Curious on how you are dealing with off gassing.

Please elaborate on the modifications you have done to accomplish this. Curious on how you are dealing with off gassing.

So as I have a sump my main tank is drilled one over flow one return pipe the return pipe has been extended to the bottom of the display tank and is being used as a sifin to the sump going under water level. the water returns to the display tank by a one inch pipe at the back if the tank also going under the water level no water goes down the over flow no water in disturbed tank still power down in emergency and powers back up again as no water is broken at in this setup I believe I am losing no more gas then a tank with out a sump . Hope this makes sense

Back
Top Bottom