Huma Trigger and Porcupinefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Genix

Aquarium Advice Regular
are there any inverts i can keep with a porcupinefish and a picasso trigger?

They have those big red hermits with the blue spots on them as the cleanup crew in the puffer tank at my LFS.

Larger hermits shouldn't have an issue. We also have a chocolate chip star in the 210g with a "picasso". As with everything, keeping the predator fed can help prevent any ... "accidents". ;)

okay, so i shouldn't expect anything to grow on my live rock except coraline algae with those fish? that's kinda lame. :(

you didnt mention anything about things "growing" on live rock. That is a different issue than what you asked. some sponges may grow, some macro algaes can grow..maybe I just don't understand your question.

If you meant inverts as in corals, the only ones I would try would be Shrooms, xenia, and Green star polyps.

I figure they spread fast enough to where they wouldn't get totally destroyed by a picasso or a puffer........ take that for what it's worth though, they could get hungry or just like the taste of anything you put in there and then eat all of it

okay, sorry i didn't explain my question very well. the tank is basically gonna be FOWLR. two tangs, picasso trigger, porcupinefish, some damsels. i'm still contemplating what type of lighting i should buy and that's the basis for my question. it would be cool if some interesting things were able to grow on the rock without being eaten. but yeah, i was also wondering if there was any inverts that could survive with those species of fish under 260 watt power compact lighting in a 90 gallon tank?

yeah you can keep some softies assuming they don't get eaten..... it's a good possibility in that tank though. I'd give you 70% chance they'll get eaten.

If you could pull it off it would totally rock to have corals in a tank w/ a picasso and a puffer.

I know a guy who has 9 triggers (yes 9) in a tank and has all kinds of coral in it......... I don't know how or why, but I've seen pics of it. He comes to my LFS a lot of times. They are all soft corals though and he overfeeds his fish. Not that I'm reccomending you do it, but I'm just saying. the same guy has a scooter blenny in all of that mess two perculas and a rbta as well. the tank has been set up a year.

Back
Top Bottom