I am never going back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Enki

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my filstar xp1 for less than a week, and already I can say I will probably never buy another HOB filter again!

It is super quiet, it has great water flow and the input/output is SO much easier to customize.

As soon as I can justify spending some more $$ on tank stuff I am going to replace my horribly noisy Millennium 3000 with an xp3.

With the prices available online it is really worth it to just go canister!

Just wanted to share my joy with my new toy :)

Well. One thing about the XP3. I've got a new one on my 90 gallon. Setup was fairly easy. The hoses were a bit of a pain to attach but got it done. Ran fine.. Then I noticed something. A whistling noise. After some searching, finally isolated it.. The spraybar was acting like a flute :) I had to add the little flow restrictor and cut it down just a bit in order to make the whistling go away.

Otherwise, MAN. That thing is powerful. The spray bar could probably circulate the 90 gallon by itself, but I got a PH on the other side just to help a bit.

LOL yeah I had the same whistle thing on the xp1 actually. I just moved one of the suction cup clamps so it covers a tiny bit of one hole and the whistle went away. Drove me nuts for about an hour.

Funny thing is, I would have isolated it in seconds probably if it wasn't for all the noise coming off the M3000 :D

HEH! I thought I had wired my lights badly and they might be about to explode, so it took me a moment to find it :p

Back
Top Bottom