I am worried!!! Please help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishManSinceFive

Aquarium Advice Regular
I Have a chinese algae eater i heard stories when they get full grown they kill other fish..... Im worried will they kill fishes 4-6 inches? Please help me!!!!

I have kept a couple of chinese algae eaters and they got nasty. Some tankmates are fine with cae though, it depends on what you have. :)
What size tank is it and what fish do you have?

Its a 55gallon i keep him with cichlids a loach a red tail shark and a pictus catfish

Hello there FishManSinceFive, hopefully I can ease your worries. I actually own a Chinese Algae Eater living in one of my 55 gallon aquariums. He is year and a half old that I got when he was 1/2 inch and is a thick 5 inches long now. He's got an attitude and will chase away somebody whose in his business, but never has remotely tried to hurt any of my other fish. Overall, From my experience you don't have to worry about a thing.

Yes, I agree with others. Your Chinese Algae Eater will be perfectly fine with your other fish. Just in case, keep an eye on your fish, make sure he is not already aggressive... but best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom