I cant believe what I just saw at my LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in the 70's one of my dads friends owned a gas station and an alligator. he use to put the gator in the compartment bay(is that the right word?) under the lift that they used to jack up the cars. they had a sign in front of the bay saying keep out. well customers wouldnt listen so he chained the alligaot and let it out of the bay lol. got rid of his customers who cant read problem real quick lol.

there is one kind of alligator that is legal to buy in most states. it doesnt get to be that big. i know if i could actually provide a suitable living condition for one id have one. i love gators. but i would have to know it was a good place for it to live. not just lock it up.

Incorrect. There are conditions where they can be sold and traded, but only by qualified buyers. Owning any crocodillian (legally) requires an exotic animal permit at minimum. I think you may be referring to a type of caiman, since alligators do not come in a "dwarf" variety.

Back
Top Bottom