I cant decide worth the life of me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, i currently have a 10g tank and a 20g tank. In the 20g i have a bichir, festivum, gold gourami, and a pleco. In the 10g i have a austrailian spotted goby (which is getting a spacious 15g to himself do to extreme fin nipping), 3 corydoras, and 2 upside down catfish. I have a big range of what i can do right now. What should i do with all these choices. I am making myself stop at 150g total when it comes to my tanks. I will stray a little off that mark (like 160g total and what not). So i need suggestions on what to do. You know, should i do a 75g tank that is a large fish community tank and a 75g regular community tank? That's just a example but things like that. Should i do a bunch of small tanks? I like to breed fish and i would like to breed 1 fish out of all the fish i will have. Sorry if this is confusing and in the end i guess that i am saying i need suggestions because i have no clue on what i want to do and i pretty much have the chance to do whatever i want. I am considering SW but not 100% so thats another root. I just need suggestions.

be it a slow grower the bichir gets huge. i think 18 inch plus. take that into account when figuring out what you want.

be it a slow grower the bichir gets huge. i think 18 inch plus. take that into account when figuring out what you want.

I do know this. I don't know if you remember but we had a conversation about how me and you keep reading 2 different accounts about how some sites say they can get 1 foot and some said 2 foot. So yes i was planning on putting him in either a spacious 75g and upgrading if needed. But i was thinking of doing a 100g and doing a 55g community tank but i am not sure yet. I keep hearing this little bug in my ear saying "you want to do saltwater". That is really were the dellima is, i know i am gonna make the space for my bichir but i am going to be able to either do around the size of a 55g (SW or FW) tank or a couple smaller community tanks (also SW or FW). So i guess the real issue is what to do with the extra space i will have available.

lol just hit up mfk classified section and you can see so many people selling theirs that are over 12 inch. too much mis info out there confusing people.

lol just hit up mfk classified section and you can see so many people selling theirs that are over 12 inch. too much mis info out there confusing people.

Don't you hate that, i wish people would get there facts right and stop clogging the world wide web up with false info. Do you have any suggestions what to put in with it? I have gotten as far as a couple of datnoids and African butterfly fish.

IMO, there is just not enough front to back room in a 55g for FOWLR or reef. Best bet is to up that size to a 75g, much better IMO. I would consider getting rid of the bichir. Just my view of things.....

Back
Top Bottom