I. D. Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlB9

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I've had my nano tank for just over a year. Not much in it but I've noticed this and I'm not sure if it was on the rock to begin with or it's something growing. Looks to me like it's growing up off the rock. Any help would be great. ThanksImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423880437.431436.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423880476.183340.jpg
Sorry about picture quality

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like corraline algae to me.

Did you get this rock from another reefer? It looks like some sort of montipora to me. Can you take a few more pics?

I got the rock right when I started the tank from my LFS. The owner is somewhat of a friend and said he gave me some nice prices. I think this is the best pictures I could get. Thanks for the help. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423929439.772289.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423929454.274915.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423929468.659126.jpg

It looks to me like a recovering montipora. All that white area is dead skeleton, and you can see how it encrusted. many times a LFS will buy out a tank or rock from a reefer getting out, so this could very well be from a buyout originally.

Thank you Mr. X. Is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing for it?

That just looks like Coraline to me too.

Well, it's obviously happy where it is, so I would leave it be, keep good parameters, and watch it grow to be 100% sure it's a monti! If you have enough light, it should pick up some interesting color eventually.

Thanks. I keep you updated on the progress.

Back
Top Bottom