I don't over feed him, there are no other visible signs of dropsy, need ideas.(pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xsamrlx17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
like I said he isn't over fed and he doesn't have raised scales and his stomach really doesn't look that bad so I don't think it is dropsy. could it be constipation or something else? if you can't tell in the picture, the bloating starts immediately behind his gills and ends where his bottom fins begin. I know that when my cichlids become constipated I should give them peas but I don't know whether or not you can do the same with betas, or if he even is in fact constipated... any suggestions on what it is and what I should do to treat it is much appreciated.

ForumRunner_20120813_143328.jpg

How often do you feed him and what do you feed him?

Can you take a photo from directly above him?

it would be difficult for me to get a good picture from directly above, but I am pretty sure he looks normal to me from above, has scales aren't raised and from the small moment that I can glance at him from above he doesn't seem disformed.. I feed him about 4 times a week, maybe 5. He eats mainly Hikari betta bio-gold pellets and occasionally hikari freeze dried blood worms.

When was the last time you feed the bloodworms? Do you rehydrate them prior to feeding?

I think about 2 days ago, i do usually soak them first but sometimes i don't if they feel soft enough, is that what you mean?

If you don't soak them first, they will expand in the fish's stomach causing digestive problems.

You can feed him a de-shelled pea!! I have to do that with my boys. My white betta (Stanley) always looks alittle on the wound side and he has never had any problems;) try to pea and see if that works:)

Back
Top Bottom