I got a Job at my LFS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i <3 U chile.. Even if a fish looks healthy, it can decimate a tank... there are too many people who have learned that the hard way.. take their advice...better to be safe than sorry, a stitch in time saves 9.. all that... lol

oh, and congrats on the new job!!! i am dangerous in the LFS.. i could never work there..

That is alot, but I dont have a tank for QTs or really the space for one.

I know how that goes, I have MTS bad. I got my 10 set up, found this place, then bought a 29 off of craigslist which has been sitting in my room forever because the stupid filter won't work.

I bought a 5 for QT and set it on the kitchen table, then I QT's snails for my fish and now it's a snail tank lol. I am in a little apt and I wanted a 55 so bad but I really don't have the room for it, and I am on the third floor so probably not a good idea lol

You can easily put a 55-75gal in your 3rd floor apartment, IF, you can find room for it in a appropriate area.
That area being, against a load bearing wall.

That said, apartments are usually small and space a premium... Sucks.

Congrats! It is always good to have someone who actually knows what they are talking about working at those places. I hate it when I go somewhere and end up teaching the workers things. I should charge them lol
Now tell the truth, you love it when you have to teach the worker a thing or two! I know I do. But then again that's why I love AA, lol:wave:

Now tell the truth, you love it when you have to teach the worker a thing or two! I know I do. But then again that's why I love AA, lol:wave:

Haha! I think it is fun to help the customers, but most workers actually look at me like I am crazy lol. I would love to teach them though! I wouldn't mind working in an LFS but some place like petsmart.... I could work there if it wasn't for the high turnover of dead stuff. I hate seeing animals dead and all that.

My PetSmart QT's their fish, but I don't think they do it long enough. :(
I do like my PS though, because there are 2 guys in there who know what they are talking about, and have both had salt and fresh. :)

No, they actually have them QT'ed in the back, by the hospital tanks. ;) But they only do it for about a week, not near long enough.

really?! hmm they dont do anything like that here lol. the 3 around here take them straight from the bags and dump them in the tank and will sell them 5 mins later

It's actually a pretty good PS. The people there are nice, and most of them actually do know what they are talking about.

some good lfs QT before selling. my lfs where i also work we QT everything 7-20 days before selling unless it devolps a illness if it does we'll QT until its diesase free.

Sounds like an awesome shop. You're one of the lucky ones!

My PetSmart QT's their fish, but I don't think they do it long enough. :(
I do like my PS though, because there are 2 guys in there who know what they are talking about, and have both had salt and fresh. :)

None of the chain stores can possibly QT their fish. The volume required is too high and there are no facilities. There may be a few tanks in the back room that they move the worst to, but that is the best that their business model and corporate policies allow unfortunately.

Ask the guys that know what they're talking about. If they really do and you ask them off the clock, I suspect they'll give you a whole new perspective.

Congrats lucky wish I worked at my lfs it would b my dream lol congrats And hAve funn =)..

I think I own my local LFS....every first of the month I bring them their "PAY CHECKS!"

Back
Top Bottom