I got my first fish today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
We added a percula clownfish & a hermit crab to the tank. They are doing well. I will get pictures when my digi cam batteries charge. :p Yipeee!

We also bought some frozen food called marine mix...and the clown started eating it right away. The cubes are big though....is it a problem if I feed the left overs to my freshwater fish? The cubes are made by formula one and the ingredients list krill, shrimp, spinach, and clams. I already feed the freshwater fish krill, occasionally I give them shrimp, but are what about the clams? It's pretty impossible to defrost just enough for the clown as he eats only a teeny tiny amount at a feeding. Can you store the defrosted stuff in the fridge for a day or so or should I just throw it out?

Congrats, careful on overfeeding the new arrival. One cube can usually tide over a small community of 5-7 fish. I don't see why feeding the freshies the left over would be a problem. But that is just a guess. Again, congrats on your first salty.

Back
Top Bottom