I hate Banjo Catfish, their to placid..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I woke up this morning to my Banjo Catfish doing his little " dead " act again.

He's fooled me with this before, and I've actually had him scooped out to be flushed on more than one occasion before he would twitch to let me know he was alive [ I've since learned to be extra cautious with him ]

Well this morning, I found him laying in a very peculiar way, I tap the glass... my normal test to see if hes alive, because he'll twitch his fins or eyes at the tap.

He didn't do it, I tried a few more times, before reaching into the tank with a net to nudge him to see if he would react.

No reaction.

I spent 10 minutes trying to get a reaction from this fish, so now I *know* its dead and go to scoop it out, Hes out of the tank water and I look down at him.. It dosn't feel right, so I put him back in the water, get him out of the net and let him sink to the bottom of the tank like a rock.

What does he do when he gets there? Moves his fen a 32cnd of an inch. More than enough to let me know hes alive.

I'm about to the point where I hate Banjo Catfish, Their to danged placid for their own good. Hes more decoration in my tank then he is an inhabitant.

There have been times were he was floating belly up, with half his gut out of the water like a mini island, Making me think he was dead. But nope, not dead... Apparently just wanted a different view from the world by just...Floating.

They are total wackjobs.

hehe, they sound cool :) although I am sure your banjo cats puts you through a lot of stress!

lol maybe you should make a model of a toilet with the outlet going back into your tank. and if he does it again make flush him through the fake toilet. and maybe that'll teach him a lesson.

jk, but i guess doing that kind of stuff makes him special eh?

Back
Top Bottom