I have finaly got a fish for my 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pckerfreak44 said:
That's strange. Could you maybe post a closer picture of it?

Idk my iPod touch camera has low quality pics I'll try

image-493145681.jpg

image-1143043720.jpg

Pckerfreak44 said:
I would say around 4 inches max

DG's definitely don't get to be 4 inches. Maybe 2 or 2.5"

Edit: and yes there is definitely something wrong with his tail... OP, keep up on the water changes, with clean water it'll heal just fine.

Slow-dagger said:
I agree mines like 2 inches

Poor guy, I hope his tail heals up fast! Also, his colors would look much more vibrant against dark decor, substrate, background. What made you go for the rainbow stuff? Your pics are making my eyes hurt... :hide: Lol but to each his/her own! Just curious/making suggestions. (y)

Billbug68 said:
Poor guy, I hope his tail heals up fast! Also, his colors would look much more vibrant against dark decor, substrate, background. What made you go for the rainbow stuff? Your pics are making my eyes hurt... :hide: Lol but to each his/her own! Just curious/making suggestions. (y)

My mom says it prettier that way I'm going to change it what color is best

So far, personally I like black sand the best. I have white sand in my 10 and black in my 5. Black substrate and background makes the colors of everything so much better, plants fish, driftwood, whatever. Just my opinion though, I like more of a natural look, however I don't think I've ever seen black sand in nature... Hahaha

Also, a 20 gallon high should have close to the same footprint as a 10 gallon. Why not swap it out when you change the substrate and slowly add more decor over time? It would increase your stocking options a little! :D

Billbug68 said:
Also, a 20 gallon high should have close to the same footprint as a 10 gallon. Why not swap it out when you change the substrate and slowly add more decor over time? It would increase your stocking options a little! :D

My bamboo r too short I don't have money right now I got laid off work for a week I'm 15

Slow-dagger said:
My bamboo r too short I don't have money right now I got laid off work for a week I'm 15

I'm not sayin riiiiggght now. Just could be an option down the line for you since you already have the tank. :) Sorry about your work btw, that's a bummer! I wish I got into fish keeping when I was 15! I'd have some awesome tanks by now! Haha. Also if you're dead set on the bamboo, you could add some slopes to make it look a little interesting and you're bamboo would still be tall enough! :) Good luck, and again, hope the little guys tail heals ok! I'm gonna go stare at my tanks now... Haha (y)

Billbug68 said:
I'm not sayin riiiiggght now. Just could be an option down the line for you since you already have the tank. :) Sorry about your work btw, that's a bummer! I wish I got into fish keeping when I was 15! I'd have some awesome tanks by now! Haha. Also if you're dead set on the bamboo, you could add some slopes to make it look a little interesting and you're bamboo would still be tall enough! :) Good luck, and again, hope the little guys tail heals ok! I'm gonna go stare at my tanks now... Haha (y)

Yea whens there nothing on tv I watch mines too

The DG's tail doesn't look frayed near the split. It may just have an abnormal tail.

Back
Top Bottom