I have to move my tank a couple inches.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hemmer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Its a 45 gallon with 60 lbs live rock. Problem is i bought a cpr backpak and i have just enough room for it but i cant close the lid or have my canopy on so i need to move it back farther.

I read the thread below on the forum. Ill follow those guidelines to move it about 3-4 inches. Although i have crushed coral and have always wanted sand instead. I read on that thread that some people recommend to discard the old substrate and put in new. Should I / Can I switch to sand?

I would want to use that caribsea aragonite correct? Because that wont cycle like live sand.

I personally doubt if LS is really "live". Just get some cheaper dry sand that is aragonite and seed it with a cup of real live sand from your LFS or a friend. And if you are going to take the time to remove it then move your tank at the same time.

Well everything went pretty well. I did have some major cloudiness though. I put in 60 lbs of aragonite. Ill have to do a water change here too because its still a little murky from the sand.

Now i checked the water and my nitrates are at probably a 20-30 ppm. But nitrite is 0, ammonia is 0, and ph is a 8- 8.2.

If i keep doing water changes will the nitrates go down?

They should go down. Twenty is not a bad number but 0 is the goal. The cloudiness in the water will go down in a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom