I hope i didnt nuke my corals?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2nicewitit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, i just started to slowly start my reef. I started w/ a octabulble pink coral and a green neon galaxy, and i've had a colony for orange button polyps that came w/ the live rock. Started off w/ about 4 and i now have over 60.

My concern started last week i picked up a reef chromis that showed signs of ich when soon added to the tank. I ordered a bottle of sea chem which said that it was aquarium safe and could be put directly in the tank. I tried this method is 1, i could not catch the little bugger and 2, I dont have a QT, i know i know i really need one, but i dont have much space as it is.

So i used as directed and after my last cap full, the octabulble completely closed up, even w/ some bubles still open. The same w/ the button which are normally always open.

Has anyone used this product and has safely w/ corals?:(

lol, my mistake, its called Para Guard... Fish and Fister Safe Parasite Control.

I would perform 50% water changes daily and run heavy carbon. The formulation includes malachite green, which would be lethal to invertebrates and can be to fish. Never dose a medication directly into your main tank ;)

Thanks for all the help. I'm embarassed that did something so stupid. I'm gonna take the corals out and still perform the water change. Luckily i only put one cap w/ just that i just noticed that the Polyps are starting to reopen.

I'll keep u guys posted. Thanks!r

I would perform 50% water changes daily and run heavy carbon. The formulation includes malachite green, which would be lethal to invertebrates and can be to fish. Never dose a medication directly into your main tank ;)

I totally agree with James. Leave the corals in there and do what James said here. You`ll just stress the corals out more moving them. In the future if you cant QT your fish dont add any of those chems to your main as James said. Just make sure you have pristine water conditions and hopefully with lower stress your fish will not come up with the parasite. The key word is hopefully. Without QT them it is iffy.

Good Mornin All. Happy to say that everything is back on track. The octacbuble, galaxea and buttons are in full bloom.

Really need to invest in a QT but does anyone know of a really simple version/model. Is there a sepcific size for a 46 Gal Bow? Again space is limited and i dont have any room for a sump.

Comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom