I just bought a new tank, how often should i clean it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kkbinx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I currently have a 15 gallon tank with ONE young black moor. I have two filters running around 210 gph. About how often should I clean the tank, and any tips? Thanks for the help.

Hi, I currently have a 15 gallon tank with ONE young black moor. I have two filters running around 210 gph. About how often should I clean the tank, and any tips? Thanks for the help.

One 50% water change a week. Cleaning the gravel at the same time.

Did you cycle the tank with an ammonia source before adding the moor? If not, your just beginning a fish-in cycle. You will need a good liquid test kit such as the API fw master test kit and a good water conditioner such as Prime to help detox ammonia and nitrite. Amazon has some great prices on these. Moors are sensitive fish and do not do well in uncycled tanks so daily testing and frequent water changes (50+%) will be must. Water changes will likely need to be daily or more often. Make sure you temperature match and properly condition all new water. Ill post some links below on cycling amd goldfish care- please take some time to read them them and ask any questions! :)

Fish-in cycling:
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

Goldfish 101 guide:
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/goldfish-101-11174823.html

Back
Top Bottom