I like big fish and I cannot lie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

potterlu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

After that terrible segue, I'm on to my next question. I currently have two freshwater tanks, a 60 gallon and a 45 gallon. The 60 is a community tank, and has smaller, faster moving fish in it, such as tetras, a couple of albino corys, some clown loaches, and so on. The 45 has a small oscar (maybe 3-4'') and 3 Giant Danios.

From these two tanks, I find that I enjoy watching my community tank, but am pretty much fascinated with the oscar and will sit and watch him for a great deal of time. I'm not sure what it is, but it has brought me to the point I'm at now: I like larger fish.

Now, on to the relevant part. I've recently realized two things: I would like to try a saltwater tank, and if you're going to go, you may as well go big. So, I've tracked down a used 125 gallon setup that I am going to look at purchasing sometime in the next week or two. If appears to have what I need for a freshwater setup, my other saltwater equipment will obviously have to be purchased.

The question I'm putting forth here: I like large, attention-grabbing fish, I'm looking at putting together a 125 gallon saltwater tank, and I'm perfectly happy putting two or three fish in this tank that are each an inch or two long if they will grow to be quite large (say, 8'' or larger). What would anyone here suggest that fits the bill (I'm open to any and all suggestions)?

For sake of reference, I plan on purchasing this tank but will likely not set it up for a long time (3-4 months at the earliest), and am trying to explore all possibilities. I'd rather do something right the first time than have to learn from my mistakes. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

I dont know if you plan on going to corals. Butterfly fish will nip as will Dwarf angels.

You could always go the predatory route and get a golden puffer, clown trigger or something similar. They get real big and have very nice colors.

Back
Top Bottom