I need a new test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.


Aquarium Advice Freak
May 10, 2005
New York
I need a new test kit. I am currently using the AP Master Test kit. I have both the Freshwater and the Saltwater version for my tanks. The chemicals are running low. I do not have hardness or calcium tests. I am undecided on what kit to buy. Should I just replace the AP kit and purchase the seperate needed tests or just get the Nutrafin Test Master Lab Kit? Any recommendations on the accuracy of the Nutrafin?

Here is a link for both tests.

AP Kit

Nutrafin Kit

For a large test kit I would get the aquarium pharmaceuticals master test kit, It has most of the basic things but I would add on a calcium and a few others like maybe strontium and phosphate depending on your needs.
I (and many others) really like Salifert test kits. Pretty much any kit will do for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. But for Ca, Alk, and PO4 Salifert is the only thing I will use.
Top Bottom