I need advice!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyBusiness40

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, im looking for some advice. I have 5 guppy fry in a breeder at the moment. There are 4 that are around 1/1.5 inches long, and one that is around 0.5/8 inches, so still quite small. When is the best time to release them into the tank with the rest of my fish? And why is one considerably smaller than the others? Could it be a female? I currently have 2 juvenile angel fish, 2 juvenile Bala sharks, 3 male guppies and 6 platty. Will they be ok with these fish, if not what is the best solution? I would really like to keep the fish so getting rid of them will be a very last resort.! Any and all advice is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407864085.224275.jpg not the best picture but a rough size, bala shark is below the breeder.

How big is your angel? I do have to tell you that angels love to eat guppies. I have lost a few myself to an angel that has been raised with little fish from early on and won't touch most others. Adult guppies are pretty irresistible with those flashy tails. For now, I imagine you will be fine as long as the angels are still pretty petite. Your smaller one is likely smaller from eating less. You can release them when they are large enough to not be eaten.
Do you have a different tank to put some fish in? You do have a fish that can grow over a foot, and some angels will be a risk to your guppies.

I have 2 angels, roughly about 2 inches in length. And yes eventually i will be getting a larger tank, around 90-100gallon. For now then as my guppies are still about an inch in size, they will be okay with the rest of fish in my tank?

In my opinion, yes. No guarantees about a predatory fish ever not trying to eating another fish, but if it was my tank I would do it. :) A 2 inch angel is likely to each a 1 inch guppy.

Good to know about your tank plans. We just like to ask to make sure. Apologies for the question when you have already thought it out. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom