I need help to ID fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
i need help to id these fish more the little dark ones i think the big ones are pond gold fish. i bought this tank and its way overcrowded iam gonna move the little ones over to my other tank if i find out what they are.

Pictures will be in my gallery under new fish

In the first Picture, it is 2 Koi (white and orange one) and either a Shubukin or common goldfish (Calico one).

The other two in the other picture are Jack Dempsey cichlids.

The koi and common need pretty big ponds (Koi can get up to 4 feef long and Commons can get to a foot long). I dont think they deserve a tank; more of a pond.

The jacks need at least a 55 gallon.

ok its a 35 gallon they are in I KNOW but i bought it that way i should defiantly get rid of the white one and the gold one then the KOI?

Yep. You've got a koi, a common and a bristol shubunkin goldfish. Koi get 3' long and need huge ponds, commons and shubunkin get from 1-2 feet long. The dempseys I haven't kept before though.

All and all you need a bigger tank (as in 500 gallons) or you could just get new fish.

Shubunkin and commons get the same length. I can show you pictures of my foot long comet goldfish if you want...I'm not kidding..they get really huge.

Bring them back to the fish store. They most likely will give you nothing for it, or they'll give you credit for the price of the fish. Put an ad on Craigslist. Unless they are cichlids, I usually just give away my fish for free.

i want the cichlids i just dont want the koi or shubunkins i bought the tank second hand already stocked and when i got home and seen the fish that were in the bucket i knew it was way overstocked will a pet store take koi or shubunkins?

Back
Top Bottom