I need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

convict kid 24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have 1 salvini 2 convicts in a 30 gallon tank with a biowheel 200 filter..... tank is cycled..... i was wondering if i could do anything else and if so, what?

all help is appreciated

I don't know anything about the salvini, so can't help there.

However with two convicts I think you can squeeze in some fast and equally aggressive schoolers, like tiger barbs or serpae tetras.

With the cons I would NOT do any bottom dwelling fish. Specially a school. If the cons pair up they will just stress over every and anything to come near their nesting area. I'd go with anything that would prefer mid/high part of the tank. Congo tetras are pretty cool. I'd try and give something along the line of them a try.

Good luck.

Aski247 said:
With the cons I would NOT do any bottom dwelling fish. Specially a school. If the cons pair up they will just stress over every and anything to come near their nesting area. I'd go with anything that would prefer mid/high part of the tank. Congo tetras are pretty cool. I'd try and give something along the line of them a try.

Good luck.

While I agree with you on bottom-dwelling schools, I don't believe Congos belong in a 30. It is far too small for them IMO, both in terms of adult size and activity level.

Tiger barbs and serpae tetras are top-mid dwellers IMO.

Aski247 said:
You are right, I was just trying to use them as a reference to a type of fish they should be looking for.

That's my fault I should a made myself more clear.

It's alright. We all make mistakes :)

Also to the OP, I have found out from a quick Google that salvini get 8+ inches. I would rehome him ASAP.

thanks and the tiger barbs can deal with the salvini sense he is pretty aggresive?

i really hate the internet cause on animal world they said they only get 6...... so frustrating and the person who sold it to me said it gets 6 inches too

convict kid 24 said:
i really hate the internet cause on animal world they said they only get 6...... so frustrating and the person who sold it to me said it gets 6 inches too

Unfortunately you can't believe everything you read on the Internet. Also, fish stores are usually not as well-informed as those on this forum, so they will give out bad advice. Sorry to hear that. Do you think the fish store will take them back?

Back
Top Bottom