I need "silver dollar" coloring explanation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coltonwsmith

Aquarium Advice Regular
The store in which I work was given a what we thought to be Silver Dollar. He was a small juvenile with these odd red patches. We thought it to be bacterial but he never seemed sick nor responded to treatment. As he grew, the colorations grew with him and have stayed this way. Is It even a Silver Dollar? Or some mutant...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410314355.263862.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410314355.263862.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 128
The store in which I work was given a what we thought to be Silver Dollar. He was a small juvenile with these odd red patches. We thought it to be bacterial but he never seemed sick nor responded to treatment. As he grew, the colorations grew with him and have stayed this way. Is It even a Silver Dollar? Or some mutant...

Looks like burns of some sort. Or maybe he was in with a Chinese Algae Eater and the little rascal got him. I honestly don't know what else to say about this lol it's weird. Def looks like a Silver Dollar though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's actually M. Rubripinnis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey, watch your language! :)

Yeap that is just what it is, not a silver dollar. Hope you have a real big tank.

Back
Top Bottom