I need some help…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spot the pleco

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I’m brand new to this place.

I recently bought a pleco from a pet store and I guess they had a bad reputation. We got mollys and a common pleco aka Spot. We had them in the same tank and all the mollys died. Water test and ph test came back clear, but we do have really hard water so I thought that was the issue but it is not. Now I’m starting to fear the worst. Spot had what seemed to be gunk or something in his eyes so me being the nervous person I am, I think he has pop eye and with that though I immediately put up a hospital tank washed it 4 times with extremely hot water and vinegar making sure to keep everything semi natural. I took everything out of the old tank I need such as the filter, heater and everything they soaked longer then anything and they got even hotter water then the tank and the bubbler. We took tap water and just filled up the hospital tank. I did look up if I need to cycle a hospital tank, lots of people said no so I made sure I cleaned everything very well and then we set up everything in the hospital tank, lowered the water of the main tank and netted Spot, moving him to the hospital tank. He has been in there for 2 days and is having microbe lift filter in a effort to fight off what ever the mollys had.

Any help would be appreciated. I dont want him to die he’s less then a month old in my possession I feed him strictly algae wafers that are high in protein and plant matter and another thing dose he need to eat wood? I know some plecos do.

Attachments

• 984F4244-9B3A-462D-8C97-9552EF260908.jpg
    984F4244-9B3A-462D-8C97-9552EF260908.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 26
  • A2679FA1-48F9-42F4-8BA9-2BDBD580FE40.jpg
    A2679FA1-48F9-42F4-8BA9-2BDBD580FE40.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom