I need some quick advice for an aquarium back ground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I purchased a double sided blue/black back ground and I don't know which side to use. People say black brings out the colours of the fish but my aquarium gravel is black so I'm not sure what to do. I'm in the middle of a water change right now and would like to have the back ground in when I'm finished. Thanks

It matters on preference really. I prefer black because it make the fish and plant stand out. Blue is fine also, it does the same thing

It's a hard choice. I'm leaning towards blue but I have black on all of my other tanks and it looks really nice.

Why don't you try the blue and see if you like it? Is the blue a dark shade of blue?

The blue does not look half bad what do you think?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397274167.648214.jpg remember I'm doing a water change right now so I don't have the drift wood and plants in.

It looks good with the blue one. I just can't help but think the black would look better! Lol

I'll take an updated photo of the tank now. It's all cleaned and put back together and looks amazing

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397360597.172260.jpghere is what the tank looks like now. Btw does anyone know how long emerald Cory catfish live?

I have black gravel and use the same background. I found the black side to be a little too dark. It washed out the fish I have that are sort of transparent (bleeding heart tetras). I prefer the blue side!

Back
Top Bottom