I saw a zebra at the LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellawson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ya'll I stopped by the LFS today and they had 2 Zebra Plecos! They had to be the coolest looking fish I have ever seen. The price wasn't so cool though at $55 but they were definitely neat. After I do me some "homework" to see what makes (and keeps) these fishies tick I foresee a Zebra pleco swimming in future tank of mine.

OMG if they were actually zebra plecos and they were 55 dollars buy them and send them to me. because they sell MUCH more then 55 bucks a peice.

Really? Oh-man I knew it! DANG! DANG! DANG! See thats my luck I can't squeeze them in either of my tanks now and when I would be able to probally won't find them! DANG! DANG! DANG!

zebra plecos - Google Search

Just to make sure they do look like the fish in the above link right?

You can send them to me :). Also depending on the size of the fish in your 75g or the size of the zebra plecos i would put them in the 75g or make a temporary devider in the 75g and put them in there. Send me some, I would love to have them ;)

Yup thats the ones, real pretty black and white, your gonna talk me right back to the fish store. I bet I don't sleep much tonight.

Don't stress it too much, Mellawson. This situation is similiar to mine. I like Silver-tipped sharks but I can't put them in any of my tanks because they need a LOT of swimming space. They are caught rarely in a tank doing nothing. They are always seen swimming very fast when healthy. The only time they sit still is probably at rest or if they are sick/dead. Also, They need a little bit of salt to thrive in which I can't do in freshwater. What I suggest to you is to wait until you can gain the right requirements to meet the fish's needs because even though I am kind of new at this hobby, I learned that even though you want a fish because it appeals to you, you shouldn't get it inless if you have what it takes to take good care of it. I hope you eventually get what you need to get one though because I always admire a person that does what it takes to get what they want.

Well I do too! And I'm trying real hard not to have to explain to my husband why I need a 55$ fish....and your not helping lol

Likely L129 or similar. The name "Zebra" can be used with many plecos. I believe the "true" zebra pleco is L46.

www.planetcatfish.com
HN is right..... there is prob a what.... 0.00001% they are really zebra pleco l46. people put the name on others to sell them knowing people look for the l46. might be a cool pleco but l46 it is not.

I would say take a pic and hope to god there them and not already sold and come post them on here. Cause there is a good chance they are not them.

As fate would have it my husband has gone to a truck show and left me here in my weakened state of mind. I honestly feel I have no choice but to teach him a lesson and go right back to the fish store;).....I'm just going to get a pic of these beautiful fish to share with all of you.....really that's it:rolleyes:...I swear!

Enjoy the fish store! Be wary of spending before you accurately ID. That would be a great price for l46, highway robbery for l129 and a few others.

Caveat emptor.

IM000718.jpg

IM000721.jpg

I got him! I have convinced my self that is actually fine if he turns out not to be what he is supposed to be because I have never seen any fish in person that looks anything like him so he was well worth the money to me. Now that being said I will however be ticked off if I happen to walk by a tank full of them at petsmart or worse yet walmart going for $7.95 the next time I'm there.

And I know the pics are blurry and crappy but I'm no photographer I'll try to get some better ones later once he is out of the bag.

Back
Top Bottom