I upgraded my 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amaunet

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey y’all I upgraded my 20 gallon to a 55 gallon. I had to move my fish after a week of cycling with the sponge from my old filter due to my 9 year old dumping food into the 20 gallon to “help me feed the fish”. The levels in the 20 were maxing out the nitrate test ?. So far so good I just hope the poor fish do okay. I only lost one long fin danio due to the over feeding. Hopefully I can fix the levels of the 20 to use as a quarantine tank. I’ll take pics of the new setup when I get back to the house!

I did a huge water change and siphoned the substrate to get the rest of the food that had settled post my daughter’s helpfulness lol. Changed 75% of the water and I’ll continue to do water changes till I hopefully get the levels back to nontoxic levels and I’m planning on keeping it up and running to use as a quarantine/hospital tank when I get some more to safely stock the 55 gallon tank.

Here is a pic of the new tank. I’ll def need to get a lot of plants to fill it up since it only has the two from the smaller tank. I had luckily moved those before her feeding dump.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom