I wish they made 6ft long 55 or 75 gallon aquariums ..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I really wish someone would start producing these because I've really gotten into the more shallow tanks. So much easier to grow plants, do maintenance on the tank etc. You also don't have to spend a ton on lighting because of the tank being so shallow. If you think about it other than Angel fish majority of fish prefer length over height. I have two 55 gallons and it's such a pain to grow plants in doing low tech because it's such a tall tank. I recently started a 33 gallon long and I'm loving it. Same footprint as a 55 but 8 inches shorter. I understand your fish load and selection changes but I think it's well worth it. I just wonder if anyone has the same feelings as I do about shallow tanks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have a 33 long love it but I keep upgrading it to a 55 then start looking for a stand and equipment to set it back up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 33 long love it but I keep upgrading it to a 55 then start looking for a stand and equipment to set it back up.

I hear that !!! I picked up one a while ago and it still sits unoccupied. When I actually have the room for it I'm planning to just build a stand to my likings. Need the lights but have many filters to choose from. Sponge, HOB, and canisters, and then what to put in it. I was thinking to split it in half and make it a Mantis shrimp tank.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I hear that !!! I picked up one a while ago and it still sits unoccupied. When I actually have the room for it I'm planning to just build a stand to my likings. Need the lights but have many filters to choose from. Sponge, HOB, and canisters, and then what to put in it. I was thinking to split it in half and make it a Mantis shrimp tank.

And there it sits
img_3149858_0_8c3d638d4dd9cde6b374f527e492b21d.jpg

I'm not really understanding your response..??

I'm not really understanding your response..??

Same foot print as a 55. I set it up and stock it. Then I go out and buy a 55 gallon and replace it with all equipment to the 55. Then I buy everything I need to set the 33 back up .......and repeat. LOL

And there it sits
img_3149880_0_8c3d638d4dd9cde6b374f527e492b21d.jpg

It's still sitting in the living room, lol. Only looks like you've moved a few feet from the last picture. I'll have to find a image hosting site to load up my other pictures. There's 10 or 11 tanks that have been sitting in the same space for the past two years. ???. And I'm considering going to look at a 400 gallon tomorrow. Depends on how the next storm tracks

I was just looking into having a 6ft tank made to fit this stand that I don't really trust to hold a 125. I was thinking of 72x18x14 making it about 78 gallons, but I guess it only help if you have a custom aquarium shop near you.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I was just looking into having a 6ft tank made to fit this stand that I don't really trust to hold a 125. I was thinking of 72x18x14 making it about 78 gallons, but I guess it only help if you have a custom aquarium shop near you.

See That size tank would sell like hot cakes and coffee on a cold snowy day.

Same foot print as a 55. I set it up and stock it. Then I go out and buy a 55 gallon and replace it with all equipment to the 55. Then I buy everything I need to set the 33 back up .......and repeat. LOL

Gotcha lol.

I love the idea, like you said great for growing plants, plus more sq ft for plants and it's better for oxygen exchange and gas out. Plus, my Corydoras would love it.

Hi, new to thread. I've seen many plans on how to build your own with glass, acrylic and plywood, but I have never been brave enough to put a homebuilt tank in my home. If anyone knows how to build one and how to guarantee your build will hold up, post it!

Glen
On Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom