Ibrahim's Evolve Pico Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TigerBarbs said:
Could you post a picture of the back section of the tank please? I'm really interested in getting one :D

Here it is:

There are two compartments; first holds a filter cartridge and second is where the 100gph return pump is. I added filter floss to the first then added bio-balls and chemi pure to the second compartment. In the future, first will be a refugium with cheato, heater, and rubble, then the second will have filter floss, a sponge, and chemi pure.

Attachments

• image-4220750680.jpg
    image-4220750680.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 172
New pictures, coral, and aquascape!!

I added a neon green blue mushroom, brown zoas, a feather duster, toadstool leather frag, and the tank's first SPS, a yellow Acro. I also added a couple hermit crabs and a Nerite snail. The ghost shrimp look like they are doing okay, but one already died :( . And when I reversed the mag-float it kinda reminded me of a nano vortech lol So I'm going to leave it that way lol To end the update, a couple pictures:

Attachments

• image-1887272970.jpg
    image-1887272970.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image-3142583546.jpg
    image-3142583546.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image-4163245239.jpg
    image-4163245239.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2924934561.jpg
    image-2924934561.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 122
The magfloat has the same texture on both sides? Mine is coarse on the inside and velvet on the outside part.

Looks awesome - I really like the CBS.

TLTGF said:
The magfloat has the same texture on both sides? Mine is coarse on the inside and velvet on the outside part.

Looks awesome - I really like the CBS.

Sorta, Since it's made for acrylic tanks it has a thick white ring on both sides so it doesn't scratch the tank. The ring wipes the algae of the acrylic but it can't wipe the hard algae, only the film. So the snails eat the algae until only the film is left and the mag float takes care of the rest.

Attachments

• image-3978040721.jpg
    image-3978040721.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 101
I'm thinking of buying an 8g model then moving everything there. I just want a clown so bad lol I sold my 75g off so my only clowns are gone too. Question is, what will I do with my current tank? The store won't accept returns on used tanks and I can't set up more than 3 tanks.....decisions......decisions......

TigerBarbs said:
Maybe if you have one of those mini maxi anemones and the clown hosts it.

I'll wait until I get a frogspawn or torch since they are likely to host that too.

I wish my clowns would host my frogspawn! Its only got 3 heads so it prob needs to be bigger

It can? Wow didnt know that... Haha okay thank you mr clown for not hosting my frogspawn or leather ;)

My old clowns hosted almost all my wavy coral and I haven't seen any negative effects from it. They hosted frogspawns, toadstools, several anemones, long tentacled plate coral, frilly mushrooms, long tentacle leathers and so on. And by negative effects I mean coral closing, coral dying, coral's growth retarding, and such

Back
Top Bottom