Ibrahim's Evolve Pico Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's your call though man :p
I do a kole tang in a 55 (though recommended is 70)
I think 8g for a clown that says minimum 20g is a tad overdoing it though.
But you are free to do what you wish is what I guess I am saying lol. I've seen clownfish in 5 gallons. Didn't like it, but people still do it.

I'm not going to. I know it's overstocking and it's not fair for the fish. I'll just get a citron clown goby. And maybe a yellow clown goby but probably not.

It's doing good. But I've only got 2 ghost shrimp left. I think they'll survive since they are eating well.

At least they're cheap lol. I bought 10 for my 29 gal a couple weeks ago and have about 5 left. Theyre good scavengers and grow fast

TigerBarbs said:
At least they're cheap lol. I bought 10 for my 29 gal a couple weeks ago and have about 5 left. Theyre good scavengers and grow fast

Yeah i didn't really care. Only cost me $1 for all of them

Got some good progress on my tank. All the ghost shrimp died though. But my CB shrimp molted 3 times already and my Coraline has exploded over the past week. No new coral or fish though but I'm planning on ordering something soon from a wholesaler. Shipping is killer but the prices are soo cheap. $6 for a $20-30 frag. Also going to order fish for my 150g from there.
Pics of the coraline

Attachments

• image-2803536546.jpg
    image-2803536546.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3265112543.jpg
    image-3265112543.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 109
classklown90 said:
can the stock leds support corals? if so what types? lookin to do one of these

I'm not sure since I'm using a clip on PC light as well but I think it can support Mushrooms or zoas. If you get it then get a 12-18w PC light from amazon for like $15

I could do that but I was worried that it would offset the moonlight effect of the stock light and only light up half the tank

classklown90 said:
I could do that but I was worried that it would offset the moonlight effect of the stock light and only light up half the tank

Nope it won't. I'm doing it right now and I make the PCs go on for 12 hours and LEDs for 12 then moon lights. You have to switch the moonlights and and main LEDs off manually though.

Last question lol. You have the 4 right? That's what I'm planning on getting. I have a finnex 26 watt clip on pc light that I'd use as my extra light it is 9 inches long though. Will it over hang the tank?

classklown90 said:
Last question lol. You have the 4 right? That's what I'm planning on getting. I have a finnex 26 watt clip on pc light that I'd use as my extra light it is 9 inches long though. Will it over hang the tank?
Yep ive got the four and the light should fit :) but if I could do it again I'd get the 8 because of larger space. The tank is smaller than you think.

Back
Top Bottom