ice cap retro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miesenjr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new 180 corner tank on the way, I have a Icecap 660 ballast from my old tank that ran 4 48" vho floresent bulbs. What do i need to do to run 4 T5's? do i just re wire with new end caps? seems to easy.

Yep. You can run a total of 440w off that ballast. For a 6' tank, what's your plan? 5 x 80w? 80w is a 5' bulb. They don't make 6' T5's.

I just posted another thread asking if I have to run all 4 bulbs on the ballast, or can I run jusr 2?

Flyers RULE.

You can run up to 440w's so two is within that so yes you can, but why?

i am looking to have day /dusk lighting. i think having 8 t5 bulbs will be too much heat, and over kill in watts. if i run the two ballasts, may be one with four 48" day light and the other with two 36" atinic on the smaller 360 ballast i will have more control of the lighting cycle. Might i be making this more complex than needed for fowlr tank.

looks good, just be sure to have them on seperate plugs,

I have decides to buy a 4 4' t5 current fixture. Seems like it is more compact and easly installed/moved than diy. I think i will use my old 660 and 360 ice caps for next project. now i need to return the reflectors and end caps i purchased for the project. I have spent more than $150.00 on parts and dont have bulbs yet! The fixture i got has 4 -4' t5 bulbs,two ballasts and a fan in one structure with two indiviual cords. Only $205 on Big Al's online, shipped!

Back
Top Bottom