Ich maybe????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candi1990

Aquarium Advice Freak
Purchased two fish from a pet store here on Friday. By Sunday both were dead. I returned them for new fish to find out the tanks at the pet store had ich... And had it when I bought them. Now I didn't notice anything on them before they died. My question is are the other fish in my tank now at risk? The lady there talked me into getting meds and treating them all to be safe but should I? Everyone looks fine... They are all doing fine from what i can see. thanks for your help.

Candi1990 said:
Purchased two fish from a pet store here on Friday. By Sunday both were dead. I returned them for new fish to find out the tanks at the pet store had ich... And had it when I bought them. Now I didn't notice anything on them before they died. My question is are the other fish in my tank now at risk? The lady there talked me into getting meds and treating them all to be safe but should I? Everyone looks fine... They are all doing fine from what i can see. thanks for your help.

Is your tank cycled? Whats your stock? Just as a precautionary i would raise up your temp to around 85-86f and watch your fish. Personally i wouldn't use the meds, the heat usually always takes care of it. It also may have just been bad stock or weakened by the ich.

Bubbles0oO said:
Is your tank cycled? Whats your stock? Just as a precautionary i would raise up your temp to around 85-86f and watch your fish. Personally i wouldn't use the meds, the heat usually always takes care of it. It also may have just been bad stock or weakened by the ich.

I do not know a thing about the cycleing. I don't understand it. I do the 25% water changes weekly, and get my water tested regularly and it's always fine. My tank is at 79 degrees I will turn it up. This tank is 30 gal, with 6 mollies in it. I have other tanks but I only put the new fish in that one.

I do not know a thing about the cycleing. I don't understand it. I do the 25% water changes weekly, and get my water tested regularly and it's always fine. My tank is at 79 degrees I will turn it up. This tank is 30 gal, with 6 mollies in it. I have other tanks but I only put the new fish in that one.

There are a ton of web resources available on cycling -- including this one.

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

If you read it and still don't understand it or have questions, just ask!

Understanding cycling is the most important thing I have ever learned when it comes to keeping a healthy aquarium.

Best!

Back
Top Bottom