Ich + MTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralocean

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a problem it's MTS. I now have three tanks:). Last Saturday I got a Sunset Honey Gourami (Trichogaster chuna), 4 black neon Tetras a mystery snail and a ramshorn. Today ammonia 0, nitrites, 0 Nitrates 5-10ppm. The problem is the gourami developed ich so I cranked the temp and it went away pretty fast. Now the tetras have ich and I have been searching all over for Kordons Rid Ich Plus. No one has it. Any alternatives that won't kill my plants? All the fish are in the 30 gallon except the ramshorn he's in with my betta.

The only alternative I can think of is the herbal stuff, like "Ick Attack". I'm not convinced that herbal therapies actually work.

If you caught it early I think a temp of 86 and two water changes a day would suffice. Lower the water level a bit for more water agitation or turn up your airstones if you have them.

Thanks! Water is at 87 I think its working. Since my tank is newly cycled I was afraid to vacuum the gravel too much.

I had the same problem awhile back on a newly cycled tank and I just skimmed over and sucked the very top layer of gravel with the vac. It didn't throw my tank into a bloom.

Back
Top Bottom