Ich question???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you have to treat the tank if... It's been about 2 weeks but no signs of ich on other fish. Fish with ich was pulled went to hospital (tank) almost 2 weeks ago. I treated the main tank for about a week, but I pulled ich fish out half way through treatment. Treated with ich attack. I'm hoping it will be fine. But wanted to see what others thought.

Your Tank

Do you have to treat the tank if... It's been about 2 weeks but no signs of ich on other fish. Fish with ich was pulled went to hospital (tank) almost 2 weeks ago. I treated the main tank for about a week, but I pulled ich fish out half way through treatment. Treated with ich attack. I'm hoping it will be fine. But wanted to see what others thought.

Hello Ang...

If the tank was mine, I'd leave the fish alone and treat the entire tank. Using chemicals is risky. I wouldn't use them. You can retard the growth of parasites by simply using a bit of standard aquarium salt and following an aggressive water change routine. Very few pathogens will survive in pure water conditions and a trace of salt in the tank water. Vacuuming the bottom material regularly is helpful. Two teaspoons of aquarium salt in every 5 gallons of new, treated tap water and 50 percent water changes every few days will help the fish and not damage any plants you have. Feed the fish just a bit every couple of days, sick fish aren't going to eat much and you don't want uneaten food to further foul the tank water.

You can follow this routine for the life of the tank, to maintain good water conditions.

B

Back
Top Bottom