Ich treating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im just coming to the end of my Ich treatment. I used salt and heat in my 300L. I lost 4 ghost catfish 5 clown loaches 2 kribensis, 2 cuckoo dwarf cichlids:-(

Start treatment ASAP it will save you in the long term

So I'm in a similar situation... The heater that came with my 55g kit would only bring the temp to 78. So yesterday I went out and bought the most expensive/ biggest heater they had - 300 w fluval. So after increasing it to the max it's only getting my tank to 82?? So what do I do now? Put my old one back in too or something?

Passatryde said:
So I'm in a similar situation... The heater that came with my 55g kit would only bring the temp to 78. So yesterday I went out and bought the most expensive/ biggest heater they had - 300 w fluval. So after increasing it to the max it's only getting my tank to 82?? So what do I do now? Put my old one back in too or something?

I just finished this heat cycle, went threw 4 heaters. I bought aquion and fluval with no luck. Then I bought a cheapo 300w marine land from petsmart 30bucks. I was able to maintain a steady 86.5. Worked great. Be careful tho, it first hit 88 and I almost killed my fish. I also did only half dosages of salt. Maintain for at least 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom