ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robotcholi

Aquarium Advice Regular
guys, when do we know our fish has ich? I've read Alli's article on ich and the pix in the example shows white spot everywhere. How many spots before we can say ich because i'm not really sure if it's something i see or it's really ich. Please help. Thx guys.

Any spots count as an infestation. Do keep in mind ich can infest the gills as well; you're fish may be showing a couple of spots on the outside, and have a really bad infestation where you can't see it. We used those pics as they displayed ich the clearest, but a fish doesn't have to look that bad to have it.

If the spots, no matter how many, resemble salt, its most likely ich. Can you get us a pic?

oh sorry no camera :(

It seems from what you said; my fish has ich. Does ich affect all the inhabitants in the tank or can it be just one? There are six in my tank and maybe one or two seem to have it. Hmm....

Everyone is suspect as its not always visible. In the case of ich its best to treat the entire tank instead of isolating. You don't want to treat and heal a fish in QT, and have them break out again when reintroduced.

ah i see...

so the treatment is the same for fancy and comet as described in your article?
do you see any problem if i elect either the salt or medication treatment for my type of fishes?

Remind whats in the tank; I'm too lazy to scroll thru the posts to find it LOL

And goldies can handle all the treatment types rather well.

yeah, fancy goldies and comet but u already answered that for me hehe... thx Alli

Back
Top Bottom